Monday, July 14, 2008

Mid Summer Meadow

Here's my front yard with the defiantly unmowed meadow. I was anticipating some pushback from the neighbors but I forgot that we're all pretty congenial. I like the idea of growing grass seed for the birds and the deer seem to like having it there. Some yarrow, sweet peas and rabbit ears are maturing there.

In another bold move, I stopped mowing half of the strip of land in front of my yard that is owned by the HOA across the street. We only use it to access the mailbox but we've mown it for years. After the HOA president mentioned that they want to reassert ownership (in light of all the adverse possession cases in Boulder recently) I realized that they can take care of it. I think getting our mail 6 days/week for the last 22 years established our right of way to the box. It's still a conversation waiting to be had.